Having a monthly meal planner is the best way to save money and avoid waste at all the same time. Therefore, it is essential for you to learn about how to build a monthly meal planner best for your family. Here are some tips on how to build for simple meal plans effectively.
Most of recipes can be adapted to suits for all the people’s nutritional needs. If your family have a vegetarian, you can use a meat substitute or add an alternative foods that are healthy and rich in protein like lentils, beans, cheese and eggs. Besides, there are some healthy vegetable recipes from broccoli rabe, kale, swiss chard, collard greens, mustard greens.
Steps to build a monthly meal planner
1. List all the family favorite recipes
Firstly, build a list that include all family’s favorite foods and around about 20 meals. You can ask all the family members to know which foods they like . Planning in groups of 3 to 5 food kinds help you choose foods easier. You can begin with healthy pasta recipes, have 4-5 pasta recipes for your monthly meal planner. Then maybe recipes for healthy snacks, chicken dishes or fish recipes. Substantial foods such as sausages, pizza, roast chicken can be listed in healthy weekly meal plans
2. Consider about Family’s events and diary
Check the family diary and consider about all the activities and work of family members. It would be easier to build a monthly meal planner if you determine clearly what event is going to occur , who the meal will around and how much time you need to prepare servings.
3. Batch freezing and cooking
For those days when you do not have any time to prepare for meals, it is essentail to consider about batch cooking and freezing ahead in your monthly meal planner. Plan to cook some recipes that freezes such as casserole, a stew, spaghetti sauce.
4. Fill out monthly meal planner
Build a balanced plan for month by including fish recipes, chicken recipes, pasta recipes and vegetable recipes for per week. Add to per dish accompaniments like potatoes roast, boiled, chipped or baked. Print out a monthly meal planner and fill out the boxes.
5. Build a Shopping list
List all things you need to buy for your monthly meal planner. You can begin building a shopping list of the first week and then the next weeks for the planner. Finally, it is very important to stick your healthy menu plans on the right place where you can see easily through a quick glance.
Tips to save money for a monthly meal planner
- There are some basic components like olive oil, vegetable, stock cubes, salad dressing spreads for chilli powder, mixed herbs and sandwiches. However, you can use other alternative food products like rice, pasta. So, you can save a significant amount of money than be estimated previously.
- For buying food, making a monthly meal planner helps you determine what meals you will have for the day, the week and the month. Before shopping, look through all the cupboards and freezer and check to see which foods you already have and which foods you should buy. Write only the things that certainly need for your monthly meal planner to avoid waste of time and money.
- Change branded food into a combination of value brand and brand products to see which food products are good and which foods to avoid.
- In case, you have any free amount of money, spend it on buying primary cooking components like sugar, flour or stocking up rice and paste in bigger bags for a few of week. Cut the price of foods by choose products on special offer. Instead of tinned pulses , use dried pulses.
Some other tips for successfully planning once a month.
- Assess needs: Time in kitchen to prepare meals, Consult your calendar, How many do you need to cook and How much do you need?
- Look for Sale food products: seasonal items, holidays sales
- Build the recipes like seasonal items, vegetarian, meat and keep your options open
- Find recipes from sources like blogs, recipe forums, cookbooks, family recipes
- Select recipes: choose recipe carefully, eliminate unhealthy dishes, label all the recipes by category.
- Create a shopping list: list all ingredients for each dishes, print individual recipes, print a shopping list.
- Create labels: date, instructions, recipe title and print.